There’s been a lot of buzz lately about blockchain and cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. But what is exactly is blockchain technology? From smart contracts to smart grid energy management, how can it disrupt and transform the foundational building blocks of society ? What are opportunities, concerns, and barriers facing blockchain technology here in Canada? CFLSE-TO Innovation Speaker Series brings together three expert LSE alumni and industry panelists to discuss this:
- Fred Dionne – CEO and Founder, IVEP Association – Dubtoken
- Usman Sheikh – Partner, National Head – Blockchain & Smart Contract, Gowling WLG
- Hilary Carter – Director of Faculty, Blockchain Research Institute; Advisor, IVEP Association & TokenFunder
Date: Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Time: 6:00-9:00 p.m.
Venue: Gowling WLG, 100 King Street West, #1600, Toronto, ON M5X 1G5
Registration: $20. Please register via Eventbrite. (Save $5 before January 21!)
Get your ticktets!
- Early bird (Jan 15 – 21): $15
- Regular (After Jan 21): $20
About the CFLSE-TO Innovation Speaker Series:
This CFLSE-TO Innovation Speaker Series brings together GTA-based LSE alumni and movers and shakers in transformative technology and innovation to discuss salient issues and opportunities facing our communities, businesses, government and society-at-large.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you there!